OverviewIn the past few years, researchers shifted the way they think about aging from being an inevitable physiological process to a pathological state that can be treated. In this article, we will discuss the major compounds with anti-aging properties. Read More
COVID is an acronym for ‘Corona Virus Disease’ that is caused by the virus named Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Corona Virus-2 (SARS-COV-2). COVID-19 is an infectious respiratory illness that outbroke in Wuhan, China in December 2019 and then spread epidemically all over the world. Now every country globally is affected by it.1
COVID-19 patients initially present with a flu-like illness. Most of the cases present with fever and body aches. The early symptoms also include loss of taste and smell, fatigue, and muscle pain. As the disease becomes severe, patients develop pneumonia in their lungs and become short of breath eventually. Diarrhea and abdominal pain also commonly occur.2
As per latest records, more than 13 500 000 have been infected with this disease worldwide, and the active cases are greater than 5 000 000. The graph of the number of cases isn’t stopping and the number of cases are increasing day by day. 213 countries are affected by COVID, and the most affected country having the highest number of patients is the USA.
Regarding the number of deaths reported, the up-to-date number is greater than 580 000. The lucky patients that have been recovered from this disease are greater than 7 900 000. 3
You might be thinking why are the exact numbers not being mentioned. The reason is simple – the numbers are increasing day by day. We are not even sure about the extent of their increase.
This disease is quite an alarming one as it has infected the whole world. Scientists and biotechnologists are working hard day and night to find a specific treatment or invent a vaccine against this disease. Although no cure is currently available, yet there is a ray of hope that we will surely develop a vaccine against this disease, and when that day arrives, it would be added to the victorious events of human history. As for now, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19). https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019.
- COVID-19 Health Advisory Platform by Ministry of National Health Services Regulations and Coordination . http://covid.gov.pk/.
- Worldometer. Coronavirus Cases. Worldometer 1–22 https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ (2020) doi:10.1101/2020.01.23.20018549V2.
The World Medical Card-blog consists of content written by both in-house and independent doctors, hired to write specific content for World Medical Card. It is advised to do your own research and always contact a doctor directly if you are having symptoms.
Our mission is “to provide lifesaving information and give people peace of mind”.
Get our newsletter
- Office-Related Health Problems 21. September 2020 - 11:56
- Current Status on The Development of Vaccines for COVID-19 15. September 2020 - 09:05
- Anti-Aging: Cutting-Edge Methods To Slow Down Aging 8. September 2020 - 09:24
- 3 Great Ways To Protect Your Back From Injuries1. September 2020 - 12:09
- The Importance of Wearing Masks25. August 2020 - 11:59